Texas MEGA Millions Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Saturday, February 13th, 2016 04:01 AM
Place mouse over or click to view
|Texas Mega Millions | TXlottery Mega Millions|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Mega Ball||Megaplier|
|Fri Feb 12, 2016|
|Tue Feb 09, 2016|
|Fri Feb 05, 2016|
|Tue Feb 02, 2016|
|Fri Jan 29, 2016|
|Tue Jan 26, 2016|
|Fri Jan 22, 2016|
|Tue Jan 19, 2016|
|Fri Jan 15, 2016|
|Tue Jan 12, 2016|
Texas(TX) MEGA Millions Prizes and Odds
Texas MEGA Millions News and Payout for Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Updated: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 01:00 AM
Texas Mega Millions News and Payout for Tuesday, February 9th, 2016 Drawing
The grand prize for Friday Mega Millions rolled up to $87 million (lump-sum cash payout $57.1 million) after no one hit all 6 winning numbers Tuesday night. The winning numbers from Tuesday night, February 9th, 2016 were 03-42-46-56-71 and the Mega Ball was 13, Megaplier was 4. The Mega Millions grand prize has been rolling over for 246 draws since Friday, October 4th, 2013.The last jackpot was won by a lucky ticket sold in Maryland, matched all six numbers for a $189 million top prize.
Although the grand prize was not awarded Tuesday evening, Mega Millions did produce some big winners. There were 2 tickets that matched all five numbers and won the 2nd prize. The 2 lucky ticket(s) purchased in California(1) and Colorado(1), each won $250,000 cash by matching all 5 white ball numbers.
Also, 14 tickets matched 4 of the 5 lotto numbers, as well as the Mega Ball number. Those tickets are each worth $10,000. Other prizes won Tuesday night included 269 tickets that matched 4 lotto numbers and won $150. 1347 tickets matched three of the five lotto numbers, as well as the Mega Ball number. These tickets are also each worth $150.
With 9 different prize tiers, there were a total of 2,597,124 winning tickets sold nationwide in the Tuesday, February 9th, 2016 drawing.
Mega Millions game is played in 43 states and Washington DC. It holds the record biggest jackpot in North American lottery history. Around 50% of the Mega Millions sales goes back to the players in prizes. Approximately 15% is used to as retailer commissions and lottery operation expenses. Roughly 35% total sales is used in government services, education and charities in the participating states. Mega Millions lottery uses a 5/75+1/46 matrix from which winning numbers are chosen. Each play costs $1. In some states, players can choose to pay 1 extra dollar to buy the Megaplier, which multiplies the original prizes 2 to 5 times but not jackpot. The minimum Mega Millions grand prize is 12 million dollar. Its annuity option is paid in 26 equal annual installments. Winners can select one lump-sum cash payout option instead.
There were 96,138 Mega Millions winning tickets sold in the state of Texas. Find below the Texas Mega Millions payout highlights for the Tuesday, February 9th, 2016's drawing.
- 1 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 + Megaball and won $5,000 each.
- 20 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 and won $500 each.
- 94 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Megaball and won $50 each.
- 1312 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 and won $5 each.
- 2179 ticket(s) matched 2 of 5 + Megaball and won $5 each.
- 19556 ticket(s) matched 1 of 5 + Megaball and won $2 each.
- 52875 ticket(s) matched Megaball Only and won $1 each.
- 4 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 with multiplier purchased and won $2,000 each.
- 16 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Megaball with multiplier purchased and won $200 each.
- 340 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 with multiplier purchased and won $20 each.
- 573 ticket(s) matched 2 of 5 + Megaball with multiplier purchased and won $20 each.
- 5153 ticket(s) matched 1 of 5 + Megaball with multiplier purchased and won $8 each.
- 14015 ticket(s) matched Megaball Only with multiplier purchased and won $4 each.
Click here for detailed information of Texas MEGA Millions payout and news.
About Texas Mega Millions
Texas Mega Million is a remarkable lottery game to conquer millions.
Texas Mega Million is a very provocating game among Texas Lottery. All you have to pay is $1 for each play board.
The jackpot prize of Texas Mega Million is $12million. While representing Texas Mega Million, you have to choose five numbers from a set of 56 numbers. From the second set of 46 numbers, you need to choose one Mega ball.
Texas Mega Million prizes can be won depending on the grouping of the numbers chosen with the numbers that are won.
Drawings are made only on Tuesday and Friday at 10:12 pm. There is no purchase of Texas Mega Million ticket during the break which is between 9:45-10:15 pm.
A distinctive feature of Texas Mega Million is Megaply. You have to compensate with an extra of $1 where you are allowed to play and win $ 1,000,000 other than the jackpot prize up to 2, 3 or 4 times. You can be victorious by winning the award even without achieving the Texas Mega million jackpot.
Megaply can be played effortlessly. From a set of 21 numbers, Megaplier number should be chosen. This needs to be done in certain frequency. 12 number four times, 7 number three times and 2 number two times. You can collect your prize if any one of these combination is correct.
Ticket sale are available up to 20 drawings.
The added advantage while playing megaplier is that you get a chance to maximise extra penny if megeplier option is chosen. Inform the retailer about this in advance.
How to play Texas Mega Million
- Drop in nearest Texas Mega Million retailer.
- Acquire your Texas Mega Million play slip from the retailer.
- The jackpot prize is $12 million.
- Only manually marked Texas Mega Million play slip is valid.
- There is a facility given to the player who performs Texas Mega Million. If you are confused with the numbers, you are allowed to use Quick Box where computer will help you to choose numbers randomly. You have to inform the retailer in advance accordingly.
- The Texas Mega million play slip given to you includes 56 numbers.
- Select five numbers from among the 56 numbers. This has to be done in the upper part of the play board.
- One Mega ball numbers need to be chosen from the set of 46 numbers. This need to done in the lower part of the play slip.
- If performing Megaply,all you have to do is match the five chosen Texas Mega Million numbers with the number drawn. The Mega ball number can be omitted while playing Megaplier.
- You win an implausible amount of $ 1 million which is an assured amount.
- By casting the Multi Draw alternative, you get a chance to play up to 10 drawings. An extra of $1 should be paid.
- Mark your 5 chosen numbers using pen or pencil, in black or blue in color. In case you make a mistake while marking, make use of the VOID box instead of erasing.
- Once you have ensured that you have marked your Texas Mega Million pay slip correctly, hand it over to the retailer along with $1.You would then be given a ticket. This ticket you receive also acts as a receipt.
- Check the correctness of the ticket you have received for the date, the numbers you have placed bet on, draw details and the amount paid for the ticket.
- Once you have ensured the correctness of your ticket, be sure to place your signature on the back side of your ticket. A ticket being placed for a claim, if unsigned, can be rejected.
- Texas Mega Million ticket that is once sold will not, under any circumstance, be cancelled.
- Prize payment is in cash mode only.
To play, the player should have attained minimum of 18 years of age.
Texas Mega Millions Prizes and Odds
You may use the services of the Texas Mega Million retailer or the Texas Lottery website to check if you have won a lottery or you can check in the news paper.
It is essential to note that Texas Mega Million ticket should be obtained from a licensed retailer of Texas lottery.
You need to claim your prize within 180 days from the date of the draw else the prize money would accrue to the state of Texas.
All Texas Mega Million prizes are assured amount.
You can select the mode of payment either Cash payments or in instalments.
It is mandatory that you select any one of the option or else your play slip will be rejected. For the cash value option, you will be paid in one single payment. But the amount will be less than the jackpot prize that is announced because the amount proclaimed will be in instalments. If chosen for the annual payments, you will be paid in 26 annual payments. You are supposed to select any of the above option within 60 days.
Texas Mega Million follows Pari .mutuel rule. The jackpot amount will be divided equally among the number of jackpot winners.
You win the Texas Mega Million jackpot prize, if all the chosen five numbers and the Mega ball match with the number drawn. Odds of winning the game are 1 in 175.7 million.
- If five numbers match without Mega ball, you win $250,000. Odds of winning the game are 1 in 3.9 million.
- If four numbers match with one mega ball, you win $10,000. Odds of winning the game are 1 in 689,065.
- If three numbers match with one mega ball or four numbers match without any mega ball, you win an amount of $150. Odds of winning the game with three numbers match are 1 in 13,781. The odds of winning the game with four numbers match are 1 in 15,313.
- If three numbers match without any mega ball, you win $7. Odds of winning are 1 in 306.
- If two numbers match with mega ball, you win $10. Odds of winning the game are 1 in 844.
- If one number matches with the mega ball, you win an amount of $3. Odds of winning are 1 in 141.
- If mega ball match without any number, you get $2. Odds of winning the game are 1 in 75.
| Texas MEGA Millions
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Tue Feb 16, 2016
Change: +$7.00 Million